Sunday 18 May 2014

Survey - The Evaluation of One of ITA Founders

Hi,

In order to be unique, you need to think differently, act differently and live differently. In order to be special, you do need to exceed all the expectations. If you wish to provide the highest quality, you are required to go the extra miles. Basically, these are the targets of ITA Founders and ITA Team. To achieve that, listening to people is not enough, we should also ask for their opinions and if we wish to go the extra miles, we be transparent, honest, clear and open to the world. Our target is definitely NOT to please everyone:


Our target is to be different :)

One of ITA Founders has asked the members of ITA Team their opinion but this time, it is not about the team but about himself. We highly believe this is needed and a must-do-step. That said, we're more than glad to share the results of that assessment (survey) - 17 members of ITA Team have taken the survey and shared their opinions as follows:







Action Plan

  1. 12% think my ideas are average so I need to work harder to improve my ideas or at least improve the way I present an idea to the rest of the team.
  2. I definitely need to invest more time and efforts to improve my communications skills. While 59% think I'm good/very good in this, I must look at the other 41% who think my communication approach is average/bad. I have already started to work on this.
  3. 70% agreed to use English rather than Arabic. However, 30% think I should not focus 100% on writing in English. I'll do my best but in this point, I must say that I will follow the majority for one good reason: Learning is the key to unlock all the closed doors - this is what I believe in.
  4. I'm glad that 82% understand when I explain anything to them. 18% don't/can't understand from the first time so I will be nice and kind and make sure to make myself clear and direct to the point.
  5. I highly appreciate the valuable trust of 88% who think I'm a good founder but I must say that I have to focus on the 12% (2 votes) who think I deserve the average rate. I will go the extra miles and continue to improve myself in every aspect.
  6. Again, I'd like to thank 88% of those who shared their opinion about myself but I must look at the 12% and never be overconfident. Ego can kill the talent and more so being humble is my target and improve myself is my highest priority. 2 people think I deserve the average overall rate. Therefore, I must work really hard if I want to continue as a founder and leader of this team. There is no 2nd place, a winner is always  on the first place and I have failed to achieve that on my first assessment. I promise to work harder on myself before anything else.

Thank you so much for all those who have taken the time to go through all the 6 Qs and voted. We appreciate that.

There is zero difference between ITA Founder, Team Leader and Member. We're all the same, it is just that our tasks are different, that is all.


We are a team of democracy and sharing opinions. NO dictatorship. Even though the founders have the full authority to decide and come up with some plans, nothing will be approved before discussing that with the rest of the leadership board (founders + team leaders). This is how we wish to carry on with ITA Team.

Last but not least:



Thank you!

iRQLinux (AKA Ali)
Founder of ITA Team and ITA HR Team Leader

No comments:

Post a Comment